Saturday, April 5, 2014
Please register today to help us pick up litter on Saturday, April 5, 2014, during our 21st Annual Don’t Mess with Texas Trash Off. Registration before 5:00 pm on March 18 is required to participate. Volunteers will be assigned to pick up litter at designated sites in Sugar Land.
All volunteers under age 18 must be accompanied by a registered participating adult.
A complimentary breakfast will be hosted by Whole Foods Market at 10:00 am for all registered participants. Volunteers will need to provide their own transportation to their assigned cleanup site. Trash bags and gloves will be provided. Please allow approximately two hours for cleanup. The first 400 volunteers to register and participate in the Trash Off will receive a free t-shirt.
The Don't Mess with Texas Trash Off serves as Texas’ signature event for the Great American Cleanup, the nation's largest community improvement program. Last year, 401 KSLB volunteers picked up over 4,741 pounds of litter in Sugar Land during the KSLB Trash Off!
What is litter? You might be surprised. Litter is anything that lands on the ground or water that is not disposed of properly (recycled, composted or thrown in the trash). Yes, cigarette butts, apple cores, chewing gum, cans, bottles, animal waste, plastic bags, and wrappers ARE Litter!
- All volunteers (regardless of age – youth or adult) must register to participate
- All volunteers, under age 18, must be accompanied by a registered participating adult
- Volunteers will need to provide their own transportation to their assigned cleanup site
- Trash bags and gloves will be provided
- Registration closes at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, March 18
- If more than one person wants to be assigned to the same cleanup site, please see group instructions below
- A group is more than one person that wants to be assigned to the same cleanup site
- All groups must have a registered participating adult (over age 21) group leader
- Group leader will:
- Distribute a registration form to each participant in their group - regardless of age
- Collect a volunteer registration form for each member of their group
- Check to see that each form is complete and has a signature or signatures
- Complete their own registration form
- Complete the group participant spreadsheet
- Submit all required forms (at the same time) before 5 pm on Tuesday, March 18
- All individual registration forms and group participant spreadsheet
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 281-313-5707
Please register today to help clean up litter
2014 Volunteer Waiver
Group Participant Spreadsheet