Results for "Pollution"
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Please register today to join us on Saturday, April 6, 2013, for our 20th Annual Don’t Mess with Texas Trash Off. Registration is required to participate – Please register before 5:00 pm on March 19. Volunteers will be assigned to pick up litter at designated sites in Sugar Land. All volunteers under age 18 must be accompanied by a registered participating adult. A complimentary breakfast will be hosted by Whole Foods Market at 10:00 am for all registered participants.
Volunteers will need to provide their own transportation to their assigned cleanup site. Trash bags and gloves will be provided. Please allow approximately two hours for cleanup. The first 500 volunteers to register and participate in the Trash Off will receive a free t-shirt.
The Don't Mess with Texas Trash Off serves as Texas’ signature event for the Great American Cleanup, the nation's largest community improvement program. Last year, 459 KSLB volunteers picked up over 3,198 pounds of litter in Sugar Land during the KSLB Trash Off!
What is litter? You might be surprised. Litter is anything that lands on the ground or water that is not disposed of properly (recycled, composted or thrown in the trash). Cigarette butts, apple cores, chewing gum, cans, bottles, animal waste, plastic bags and wrappers ARE Litter!
- Each volunteer (regardless of age – youth or adult) must register to participate
- All volunteers under age 18 must be accompanied by a registered participating adult
- Volunteers will need to provide their own transportation to their designated cleanup site
- Trash bags and gloves will be provided
- Registration closes at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, March 19
- If more than one person wants to be assigned to the same cleanup site, please see group instructions below
- A group is more than one person that wants to be assigned to the same cleanup site
- All groups must have a registered participating adult group leader
- Group leader will:
- Distribute a registration form to each participant in their group - regardless of age
- Collect a volunteer registration form for each member of their group
- Check to see that each form is complete and has a signature or signatures
- Under age 18 must have their signature and parent or guardian signature
- Complete their own registration form
- Complete the group participant spreadsheet
- Submit all registration forms and group participant spreadsheet
- Email: email@example.com or Fax: 281-313-5707
- Before 5 pm March 19: Submit ALL Documents at the same time
Please register today to help clean up litter and PLEASE DON’T LITTER!
2:00pm - 3:00pm
Imagine for a moment, you have a healthy, beautiful lawn and… it saves you money, time and effort! Interested in learning how to make your dream lawn a reality? Keep Sugar Land Beautiful would love to show you how easy it can be with YardWise.
The Adopt-A-Spot program provides an opportunity for groups to show pride in Sugar Land by volunteering to adopt a public area for the purpose of litter reduction and beautification. Keep Sugar Land Beautiful currently administers 23 Adopt-A-Spots in partnership with the City of Sugar Land.
Did you know that your daily activities may have a negative environmental effect? Fertilizing your lawn, using pesticides, or washing your vehicle may be a problem.